How to Learn Anything and Become the Person You Want to Be
What’s it all about?
If you have any goals then I’m pretty sure there are some things you’ll need to learn. Perhaps you need to improve an existing skill, or you need to learn something completely new? Regardless of your situation, I’m sure you’ll agree that learning is an extremely important part of every day life. Those who are able to learn quickly and efficiently have an advantage in today’s rapid changing world.
Why then do so few people understand the art and science of learning? Shouldn’t we all know how to learn quickly and effectively as it’s so important for every day life?
Well, that’s what this site is about. I’m here to teach you how to learn quickly and effectively. I share actionable steps and I also explain the science that holds it all together, because understanding why something works increases the chances of you actually doing it 🙂
Who am I?
My name’s David Mansaray, I grew up in London,
but I’m currently living in Madrid (I’m now living in Barcelona!). The best word to describe me is ‘Philomath’, that’s a Greek word meaning ‘lover of learning’. I’m always learning or exploring some place new because I have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and all I ever want to do is learn.
I believe a life full of learning is life well fulfilled so I’ve dedicated my life to continuously learning about myself, the world and trying to inspire others to do the same.
I was an average student in school, but when I left I became extremely interested in how humans learn when I discovered I can teach myself faster and better than they could ever teach me in school. That realisation made made me fall in love with self-directed learning.
I believe in self-directed learning so much that I decided to drop out of university to pursue ‘The Big Self-Education Project‘
To give you an idea of the sort of things I do:
- I’m currently a student of Spanish, Japanese and Italian. (I currently living in Spain to Improve my Spanish)
- I’m teaching myself how to program and design websites
- I take photos
- I make videos
- I write music
- I’m a real Jack-of-All-Trades – master of learning 😉
Learning how to learn is the best thing I’ve ever done and I want to share everything I’ve learnt, everything I’m learning and everything I’m going to learn.
This site is about me sharing tips to improve your life as much as it’s about me sharing my own journey of growth. So expect a lot of personal stories and rants about what I think of the world as I explore what it has to offer 🙂
How do I share?
- The Misunderstood Nature of Practice: Why Everything You Know About Practice Is Wrong and How to Practice Effectively
- The Top Performer Paradox: Why You Should Acquire Skill From the Less Accomplished
- How I Left the Path of a Gangster and Became an Alpha-Genius
- How to Live a Life Full of Adventure
- The Four Stages of Learning: The Path to Becoming an Expert
- Jack of All Trades, Master of None?
- Two Simple and Very Powerful Questions to Ask at the Start of Each Day
- The Left-Brain, Right-Brain Misconception
- The Importance of Travel for Personal Development
Random Facts About me
- I was born in Sierra Leone
- I’m afraid of horses – seriously, have you seen how big they are? Let’s not forget that it was a horse that crippled superman!
- I switch between being an introvert and extrovert. I like to share with people, but I often choose to spend time on my own to think – thinking is sexy, but people are also sexy; either way, I win 😉
I’m at University studying Linguistics and Social Anthropology
- I hate authority. Don’t get me started…..
Don’t hesitate to send me a message if you have any questions, or just want to say hi – I’m friendly 🙂